A Bit of Sparkle: Handmade Beaded Earrings

A couple of months ago, I inherited an absolutely ginormous box of beads and told that I was their last chance of being put to good use and not going to waste.  I was pretty intimidated and didn't want to be "the bead waster", and I suddenly had to think of something brilliant and productive to do with a couple thousand delicate glass and metal beads.  They were so pretty!  So, I decided to figure out how to make little beaded earrings: 

They're not too fancy, they're not too big, they're not too edgy, and they're not too perfect- they're just a bit of shiny, sparkly color to add to the day: 


Working with such tiny, fiddly bits made me feel all shaky and uncoordinated, but it was really a lot of fun to see them transformed into finished products that did justice to the pretiness and delicateness of the beads.  I'll have fun sending these little guys to family and friends so they can have friendly earlobes to hang out with!  And maybe I'll even make some more- there were lots and lots of beads!

Hope you have a sparkly day!
Lots of love,
~Mersy

Comments

  1. When are you going to open an Etsy store? =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment