Love Alpaca

Several weeks ago, my boss traveled to Lake Tahoe with her family, and she brought me back two skeins of the softest, most glorious baby alpaca yarn in cream and charcoal.  

Every since, I've ben enjoying slowly knitting up a little project while I commute in the train each morning and evening.  The yarn is so soft, as is the knitted fabric.  If I'm ever reincarnated, I think I must just insist on being a baby alpaca.

I wanted to do justice to the quality and texture of the yarn, so I chose a special project from the Purl Bee.  It's their Hat and Hand Warmers for Beginners pattern which caught my eye because of it's minimalistic vibe.  I've ben very intrigued recently by the beauty of minimalist knits.  The only variation I made is to add a pompom at the end- how could I resist?

They are lovely and gloriously soft, and my boss was thrilled to see what I'd made.  She took me up on my offer to make her a pair out of the charcoal skein, so I get to enjoy casting on again soon!

Are you getting excited for the arrival of autumn?  I can't wait until there's a nip in the air and we need to bundle up just a bit!

Lots of love,
~Mersydotes

Comments