Sand in My Shoes... (Part 1)

Do any of you guys know that beautiful song that says, "Two weeks away, and thought the whole world would have changed, but I'm home now, and things still look the same, but I still have sand in my shoes, and I can't shake the thought of you..."?  That's exactly how I feel, home now from Colombia, unable to shake the thought of all that I've seen and felt.  It feels as though my life is still continuing on in Cali, and I'm trapped here, missing out on it.  How can I even begin to write what this trip meant to me?  It solidified, justified, legitimized, and harmonized so many emotions and parts of my identity that I think my heart has returned from this trip stronger than ever.

So what I'm going to do is to share little groups of snapshots with you- the "sand in my shoes", if you will.  This very first post has photos from our first days in Cali, roaming the streets my father knew so well, the sun biting my shoulders, the cobbles smooth beneath my feet.  Although these might not be your "typical" vacation pictures, these are the moments that contain the sounds, smells, and feelings that are still flowing through my veins, as real and tangible now as they were a week ago.









"...and I can't shake the thought of you."
~Mersydotes  


Comments