Mersys at the Met

Mr. Mersy and I had a date afternoon at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on Sunday!  We wandered in the galleries and dined in the cafeteria, peeked at the mummies, discussed the ethics of displaying human remains, oohed and ahhed over the suits of armor, chatted about the juxtaposition of artistry and destruction, peeked at the medieval triptychs and considered the weighty socio-cultural role of hand-copied books.  We might have also gotten chased away by a guard for taking selfies with ancient Egyptian statues- but we don't have to talk about that!!  All in all, a wonderfully romantic afternoon for the Mersys!  

Here are a few snapshots I took along the way..

I love sketches.  They remind me of sculpture in that the subjects are just emerging from the paper.  More of a dream that a reality.





Ad what I would give to run my fingers over a Van Gogh!  Those thick brush strokes and ridges and swirls of paint- I think I could read the canvas like brail!



So different from the smoothness of a Renoir:

What a treat to wander with one's boyfriend through galleries of fascination!
~Mersy

Comments