Stitch by Stitch: The Sweetheart Washcloth Pattern

I love crocheting- I really do, but the knitting bug has bitten me and I have become seriously infected with knitting fever.  Knitting, knitting, knitting- it's all I've wanted to do.  




There's a simplicity to the stitches and to the fabric.  If crocheting is sculpting in yarn, then knitting is a gentle snow fall, blanketing the world one stitch at a time.  In fact, I just finished a trio of cotton washcloths that I knitted for my sister-in-law.  A little something colorful and useful and soft.  And, stitch by stitch, a chance for me to slowly blanket the world in pink cotton!




My pattern is simple: Cast on 40, knit 4 rows, on subsequent rows, begin with knit 4 and then either knit or purl depending on the side of the fabric your working on, ending with a knit 4 in the last four stitches.  Once the cloth is long enough, end with four knitted rows before binding off.  A little something sweet and quick to knit, with lots bright, candy colors- I've decided to name it the Sweetheart Washcloth.



Has anyone else been infected with knitting fever?

Lots of love,
~Mersydotes

Comments