Knitting in the Round: Wooooooot!

I'm so very jazzed to be able to knit in the round- it seemed so impossible, the insurmountable knitting mystery.  There were a few tense moments, figuring out how to join the round, having to exchange the needles for a different size.  Although I didn't actually throw my knitting across the room, I did at one point let it fall forcefully from my hands in frustrated disgust. ; )

 But it all worked out!  Somehow, magically, a little hat grew on my needles, and I miraculously muddled my way through a really beautiful pattern!

 Of course, there just had to be a pompom on the top.  How couldn't I?
 I hope this little hat can keep my friend's wee one warm come fall, but if she has a baby boy, methinks I'll need to make one in a new color way! ; )
Huzzah for knitting in the round!
~Mersydotes

Comments