The Book Worm and the Book Bird(house)

Thank God for books! 'Nuff said!  

Between having to rest recently to heal my creaky bones and setting out on long car trips, I've been extremely grateful for good reads.  Mostly non-fiction, mostly about psychology, spirituality, and food, but also some good, atmospheric adventure stories.

But it needn't be a solitary pursuit, all this reading.  Of an evening, Mr. Mersy and I take turns reading  aloud to each other, working our way through mysteries and thrillers.  When we were first married, we read all the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes together, and more recently we've read aloud Dan Brown's Inferno, Anthony Horowitz's The House of Silk, and now we're getting tucked into Elizabeth Kostova's The Historian.  I love our evenings spent reading aloud.  While Mr. Mersy reads, I'll knit or crochet, and while I read, he plays with Penny or rests his head on my lap.  

And even though I'm not against dog-earing a page here and there, I felt that we needed a special bookmark for our reads.  So, naturally, I made a bird house ; )  It makes sense to me, but Mr. Mersy was at first skeptical.  It's a perfect page-holder though, don't you think?  It just took some paint, stickers, glitter, and glue, and we have a bedside table bookmark.  

The roof is the perfect page-holder, and I can just imagine the little birds tucked up inside reading the pages over their heads as they drift off to sleep.  Mr. Mersy worries that it's not very portable, but such practicalities don't bother me a bit!  ; )

Lots of love,
~Mesydotes       

Comments