Frosty Cupcakes, Dinky Donuts, & Cranberry Fudge


Ooooohhhhh....it's a frosty day here, back home in Illinois. 


The doggies are stretched out in the sunshine while the birds are puffed up and keeping all their body heat under their feathers, outside in the branches. I saw a black capped chickadee this morning, and yesterday I watched a cardinal and his lady love watching over us.

Mr. Mersy arrives in just one more day, and yesterday Mamma Mersy baked a whole bunch of glee cupcakes. Yellow cake with chocolate, and chocolate cake with vanilla. A whole forest of winter pastries.



And Papa Mersy and I tried out a mini donut recipe the other day. With lemon zest and lemony glaze. 

Ever since Mr. Mersy and I honeymooned in Sonoma, I've wanted to make mini donuts. One afternoon in Sanoma's farmers market, we watched a man with a little contraption that floated and flipped tiny donuts down a river of oil. We were mesmerized, but they weren't gluten free, so we couldn't have a taste. But now we can!


I should probably call it a night, because there's only one more sleep before I get to see Mr. Mersy again- I'm so excited!  To celebrate (and for the holiday), I made a pan of white chocolate, pistachio, cranberry fudge.  Oh yes I did!!  I love my baby!!

Take care sweet peeps,
Mersydotes

P.S. Here's the lemon donut recipe link- buen provecho!

Comments