Elfing: Day 1

Today and tomorrow are my "elfing" days- time to do all the things that a good little Christmas elf would do in preparation for the holiday!  Wrapping, baking decorating, reading, baking, sipping tea, cleaning, baking...!

Today I began preparing the homemade treat boxes that I'm looking forward to giving loved ones this year.  I made lemon curd (pictures of that tomorrow- it's amazing!) as well as some really neat candy cane/marshmallow treats that I spotted at the farmer's market and just had to try making myself.  I think that they were a big success!  Would you like to see how they turned out?

First, I did some chocolate and peanut ones:


 

Then, I tried some white chocolate with peppermint pieces:



I think they are wonderfully whimsical!  Like giant marshmallow lollipops!  All you have to do is poke some candy canes into giant marshmallows and then dip them in melted chocolate and crushed peanuts, etc.  But be careful- between the candy canes and the marshmallows, this can get really sticky!!!

~Mersydotes

Comments